I’m a UK based specialist in volunteer involvement and volunteer management, with over 17 years’ experience in the field. I’m also an experienced trainer and project manager with strong skills in partnership working. Much of my experience has involved working with diverse communities including the LGBT community, BME communities and refugees and asylum seekers. You can download a full version of my CV here.
Trafford Housing Trust
- Supporting and advising on volunteer programme set up and development, for Limelight, an innovative community health and wellbeing hub.
- Creating policies, procedures and volunteer management framework
- Training staff in volunteer management.
Volunteer & Development Manager
George House Trust – HIV Health Charity
- Member of Management Team with responsibility for developing and implementing volunteering strategy.
- Led a successful volunteer programme of 135 volunteers managing recruitment, training, engagement, monitoring and evaluation and staff training in volunteer management.
- Set up volunteer peer mentoring and HIV awareness programmes.
- Recruited and managed volunteers for large scale events, including Manchester World AIDS Day.
- Secured funding for volunteer projects and successfully managed funded projects. Achieved quality standards - Investing in Volunteers, PQASSO.
- Extensive partnership work with local and national organisations. Experience of partnership project set up with Positively UK (Project 100) and Terrence Higgins Trust (Health, Wealth & Happiness Project).
- Design and delivery of trustee preparation course to increase inclusivity and participation at board level.
Sefton Council for Voluntary Service
- Managed a successful youth volunteering programme, funded by DfES and delivered through a partnership of four organisations.
- Successfully met all project targets and secured continuation funding.
- Built a close partnership with Connexions and secured additional funding for supported volunteering and mentoring programmes for young people not in education, employment or training.
Volunteering Greater Manchester
- Chaired a cross-sector group working to grow and develop volunteering within the City Region, influence decision makers and support volunteer-involving organisations.
- Co-organised events for local volunteer involving organisations, delivered workshops, sat on panels and spoke at events.
- Co-created and launched a Vision for Volunteering for Greater Manchester.
North West England Volunteering Development Council
A high-level representative and advocacy mechanism for volunteering capturing the collective intelligence of volunteer-involving organisations, volunteering infrastructure providers and of volunteers.
Developed good practice around volunteer involvement. Consulted with staff and volunteers, created handbooks and good practice guidelines.